Follow us on Facebook
- Your Annotated Smartphone Bathroom Reader for Sunday, August 11th, 2013.
- An Elegy for my Pickup Basketball Pro-Sona
- Catharsis with Kenny Anderson
- Monday Media: The Short-Sighted Free Arena Problem, and how David Stern Seems Powerless to Stop It
- Your Annotated Smartphone Bathroom Reader for Sunday, August 4th, 2013.
- The National Basketball Playerâ€™s (Trade) Association: Leadership, Collusion, Race, and Jason Whitlockâ€™s Outlook on the NBPA.
- Monday Media: NBA Players, Past and Present, Are Speaking Up
Tag Archives: Houston Rockets
A couple months back I looked at the historic differences in quality between the Eastern and Western Conferences. Two months later, the data for this season is still spot-on: in aggregate, the Western Conference is much better than the East. … Continue reading
A few months back we ran a piece by infrequent contributor Hans Peterson entitled “NBA Observations From a Guy who has Watched No Basketball” and then critiqued it. Hans hasnâ€™t been able to watch much basketball this year, so he … Continue reading
Editorâ€™s Note: The Diss is proud to present a guest piece by Gregg Gethard. While we were initially hesitant to add to the litany of writings on Royce White (including two of our own), Greggâ€™s take was too compelling, well-written … Continue reading
Now that we have begun the new year, excuses like “team x is still learning to play together” or “team y has had a difficult schedule” sound even flimsier than ever. There are some teams that were expected to contend … Continue reading
Iâ€™m not really a hardcore football fan (though I watch the games every week, and have for many years now), and Iâ€™m certainly not a devotee to the Philadelphia Eagles. Â Theyâ€™re in the NFC East, and I donâ€™t take Philadelphia … Continue reading
A good mailing it in column is to write about bemoaning the lack of competitiveness and hate in the league these days. Just use any of these quotes: “Larry Bird never wouldâ€™ve accepted a smaller contract to play with Magic … Continue reading
Editorâ€™s Note: I did not write this alone. Â This was a result of many conversations over the past couple of days with colleagues, individuals managing mental illnesses themselves, and of course, basketball fans. Â Confidentiality is important, and I wonâ€™t share … Continue reading