Follow us on Facebook
- Your Annotated Smartphone Bathroom Reader for Sunday, August 11th, 2013.
- An Elegy for my Pickup Basketball Pro-Sona
- Catharsis with Kenny Anderson
- Monday Media: The Short-Sighted Free Arena Problem, and how David Stern Seems Powerless to Stop It
- Your Annotated Smartphone Bathroom Reader for Sunday, August 4th, 2013.
- The National Basketball Player’s (Trade) Association: Leadership, Collusion, Race, and Jason Whitlock’s Outlook on the NBPA.
- Monday Media: NBA Players, Past and Present, Are Speaking Up
Tag Archives: Los Angeles Lakers
A couple months back I looked at the historic differences in quality between the Eastern and Western Conferences. Two months later, the data for this season is still spot-on: in aggregate, the Western Conference is much better than the East. … Continue reading
(Begrudging) Diss Guy(s): Dr. Jerry Buss & The Lakers Organization I’ll be honest: I haven’t been completely comfortable with the hero worship that has taken place since Lakers owner Dr. Jerry Buss died last week. I’m not sure why the … Continue reading
One could argue that the history of the modern world has been dictated by the rise and fall of various empires in differing regions across the globe. Conquest, coercion, colonialism, post-colonialism, and nationalism can all be tied to the rise … Continue reading
Now that we have begun the new year, excuses like “team x is still learning to play together” or “team y has had a difficult schedule” sound even flimsier than ever. There are some teams that were expected to contend … Continue reading
The Los Angeles Lakers are in the midst of one of the most baffling seasons I can remember. They’ve had blowout wins and losses, on the road and at home. One night they look like they didn’t know Hack-a-Howard was … Continue reading
For me, the iconic image of the lockout is the picture you see above. It was taken on October 3, 2011, after the players had rejected another stingy offer from the league. The picture is surreal. We see players … Continue reading
With most teams about a fifth of the way through the season, we’re getting to the point where things can’t be dismissed as a result of a small sample size, and may just be the way things are. In this … Continue reading