Follow us on Facebook
- Your Annotated Smartphone Bathroom Reader for Sunday, August 11th, 2013.
- An Elegy for my Pickup Basketball Pro-Sona
- Catharsis with Kenny Anderson
- Monday Media: The Short-Sighted Free Arena Problem, and how David Stern Seems Powerless to Stop It
- Your Annotated Smartphone Bathroom Reader for Sunday, August 4th, 2013.
- The National Basketball Player’s (Trade) Association: Leadership, Collusion, Race, and Jason Whitlock’s Outlook on the NBPA.
- Monday Media: NBA Players, Past and Present, Are Speaking Up
Author Archives: thediss
Editor’s Note: Offseason doldrums has brought The Diss’ listserv back to life. Today’s discussion focused on the seemingly-improving Minnesota Timberwolves. *** Jacob: The 2013-2014 Wolves: 49-33. What say you? Alex: 43-39. Jacob: Not bad. Probably more realistic. Kevin? Kevin: 39-43. … Continue reading
Editor’s Note: Just like last season, the Diss-cussants were kind enough to share their thoughts about how they felt immediately following the conclusion the NBA Finals. Here are their responses. *** Kevin Draper Ironically enough, in the first year that … Continue reading
In anticipation of March Madness, this fiercely anti-college basketball blog decided to ask its contributors what they thought. Disappointingly, nobody took a shot at Christian Laettner. How many college basketball games have you watched this year? John Reyes Nguyen: I’ve … Continue reading
NBA to have Fewest 20 Point Scorers in 47 Years Michael Lee The Washington Post A interesting subsection of NBA players are starting to die out, according to Michael Lee: the 20-point scorer. Indeed, the NBA is set to have … Continue reading
With the All-Star Game fast approaching, most places are putting up some sort of first half awards post, or selecting their own All-Star teams. Here at the Diss, we do half-season awards a little bit differently. What was the best … Continue reading
What is the best case scenario for Paul Pierce, post Rajon Rondo injury? The realistic scenario? Kevin Draper: Best case scenario is that he gets traded to a team looking for the “final piece”, and despite his sadness he delivers. … Continue reading
As we pass the halfway mark of the season, there are some players and teams that are dramatically outpacing preseason expectations. Are these surprising performances for real, or are some players and teams simply flying too close to the sun? … Continue reading