Follow us on Facebook
- Your Annotated Smartphone Bathroom Reader for Sunday, August 11th, 2013.
- An Elegy for my Pickup Basketball Pro-Sona
- Catharsis with Kenny Anderson
- Monday Media: The Short-Sighted Free Arena Problem, and how David Stern Seems Powerless to Stop It
- Your Annotated Smartphone Bathroom Reader for Sunday, August 4th, 2013.
- The National Basketball Player’s (Trade) Association: Leadership, Collusion, Race, and Jason Whitlock’s Outlook on the NBPA.
- Monday Media: NBA Players, Past and Present, Are Speaking Up
Tag Archives: Kevin Love
After the resounding success of last week’s Solve! That! Mess!, we decided to play another game, this one called What Have You Done for me Lately? Jeremy Lin, what have you done for me lately? Jacob Greenberg: You’ve convinced me … Continue reading
Editor’s Note: Mr. French’s piece has launched a thousand ships, including this response from regular Diss-cussant Andrew Snyder. Mr. Snyder lives and works as a strategist for a political advertising firm in Minneapolis. ***** Well, I guess it’s “Race in … Continue reading
Editor’s Note: Over the next three days, we will be discussing race and professional basketball, with a special emphasis on the problematic nature of the predominantly white Minnesota Timberwolves. This guest piece by Andrew “Frenchie” French bravely leads of our coverage. … Continue reading
With the 2012-2013 season fully underway, fans can turn their attention to the various rites of autumn that accompany tip-off, the NBA’s harvest season. There are many rites to choose from: taking lots on the futures endangered coaches, overreacting to … Continue reading
Editor’s Note: This is a guest piece by Omar Bagnied. Omar is a frequent contributor to The Diss. ***** It’s been a rough couple decades for basketball in Minnesota. It wasn’t always this way. Back when the Lakers were in … Continue reading
Hoopsters. Hipsters with NBA jerseys. You may have seen them before on Deadspin, or at a big outdoor summer music fest somewhere near you. I had some inkling when I attended Minnesota’s biggest hip-hop festival, Soundset 2012 on May 27th, … Continue reading
I was going to write a pithy introduction about the frustrating meaninglessness of All Star Weekend, but Diss contributor Hans Peterson says it better than I could: Unsolicited All-Star weekend thoughts: It’s obsolete. I generally believe this about baseball too … Continue reading